Bugiver is a simple website that iterates through everyone that you are following on GitHub and selects a random issue in a completely random repository in a language of your choice. I have designed it as my personal “I have nothing to do” button that gives me something to do in a possibly futile attempt to encourage myself to contribute to more repositories than I create.
- Upon pressing the “Sign In” button, users are redirected to /auth where the authentication happens.
- The application’s private API key is stored in a heroku application running HenrikJoreteg/github-secret-keeper.
- Upon getting a result, users are redirected to the main page, where a lot of stuff happens.
- Potential issue candidates are added to a map, and a separate map of languages and labels are formed to allow users to filter them.
- An issue is selected at random, one more API request is sent, and the resulting issue data is displayed.
Contributions are accepted. See CONTRIBUTING.md for more information.